Springer School and Center, the #1 resource for learning disabilities in the region, is currently accepting applications for the following positions.
Descriptions for each position can be found below.
Applications must include: a cover letter, resume and the Employment Application.
Applications can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Employment, Springer School and Center, 2121 Madison Road, Cincinnati, OH 45208
Please no phone calls
Administrative Assistant (Posted 7/11/18)
Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours per week), Monday to Friday, 12 months per year
Springer School and Center is looking for two Administrative Assistants to provide support for a wonderful community dedicated to supporting students diagnosed with learning disabilities and their families. Springer is a caring, fast-paced workplace in Cincinnati’s Hyde Park neighborhood.
Primary duties include:
- Provide a welcoming presence for visitors to Springer School and Center.
- Effectively manage incoming and outgoing communication via phone, email and mail.
- Manage organizational databases.
- Complete detail-oriented data entry.
- Produce reports and summarize findings.
- Conduct and summarize Internet research.
- Prepare mail merge documents and mailings.
- Assist with the setup and break down for special events.
- Record, finalize and distribute meeting minutes.
- Build trusting relationships with all constituency groups.
- Demonstrate an appreciation for children and their families.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Key characteristics include a strong attention to detail, proven ability to multi-task and follow through on a variety of complex projects, skilled time management, outstanding communication skills (interpersonal, email and phone), proven ability to collaborate effectively with others, and strong organizational skills. Working knowledge in Donor Perfect software is preferred but not required.
Qualifications: Candidates should hold at minimum an associate’s degree and have at least three years of experience as an administrative assistant or have at least five years of experience as an Administrative Assistant. Applicants must have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. Experience in a school, nonprofit or human services setting is preferred but not required.
This posting is for two Administrative Assistant positions: one will work to support the development office and the other will support the outreach center. All applications will be considered for both positions. If you are interested in being considered for only one position, please share that at the bottom of the application for employment.
We invite qualified candidates to consider becoming part of our community by submitting a cover letter, resume, and application (see above) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructional Assistant (Posted 5/25/2018)
The primary responsibilities of an instructional classroom assistant are to assist in implementing academic, social, and behavioral plans established by the classroom teacher, team or organization. Implementation is to be consistent with Springer’s mission, values, and best practices.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Implementing academic and social instructional plans as well as student/classroom behavior management plans
· Conferring with the classroom teacher on an on-going basis about academic, social and behavior plans established by the classroom teacher
· Conferring with the classroom teacher about observed academic and social behavior of the children
· Performing other duties as assigned in support of the classroom teacher, students, or organization (e.g. grading papers, supervising students at lunch)
· Developing personal expertise in the areas of responsibility through in-services and personal study
Qualified candidates must have a B.S. or B.A.; experience working in a school setting is desired. We invite qualified candidates to consider becoming part of our community by submitting a cover letter, resume, and application to Mr. Eldrich Carr, Principal, by email at email@example.com or mail to 2121 Madison Rd. Cincinnati, Ohio 45208.
"Springer is a very welcoming, friendly place to work. The kids are great to work with - they are there to learn. There is always another teacher in the room, so you are never without support. Springer is a low-stress place to be a substitute teacher!" ~ Mary, Springer Substitute Teacher
Currently seeking Substitute teachers to work across all levels and subjects on an as needed basis. Daily rate is $105. Experience teaching students with learning disabilities preferred. Please submit copy of current teaching certificate, license, and/or verification of undergraduate degree with application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are mission focused, all working toward the same purpose, guided by clearly articulated values. All efforts are focused on individuals with learning disabilities.
- We operate with the philosophy of teamwork. Board, staff, parents and students are active partners in executing our mission. There is a feeling of openness and trust among all stake holders.
- We are an ever evolving, researched-based faculty with a strong emphasis on using state of the art instruction and best practice in our work with children.
- As a vital member of this energetic community, each staff member is respected and valued for his/her individual contributions to the efforts of a multidisciplinary team on behalf of children. There is academic freedom to problem-solve with team members around the academic and social issues of a child; there is latitude in the approaches to instructional/behavioral issues, not a prescribed approach or prohibitive channels. There are few bureaucratic constraints.
- In our nurturing and stimulating environment, there are opportunities for personal and professional growth, for developing creativity and sustaining close relationships within the community. There is a strong system of support for continued growth and development.
- Staff members are empowered to influence many aspects of school life and to contribute to the development of school policies and practices. There is an easy access to administrators - all ideas are entertained. Staff gets to know Board members and, through opportunities such as committee work, their input is considered in decision making processes.
- There is opportunity to work on teams, with colleagues who are highly competent, passionate about teaching and learning, high performing, productive and energetic, with strong work ethics.
- School size and small student-to-teacher ratio guarantees that every child is considered individually. All academic and social interventions are child-focused, developmentally appropriate, not curriculum driven. There is easy access to multi-sensory, instructional resources as well as supplies. In this environment, staff can truly make a difference in children’s lives.
- Desire, not obligation, is the independent school teacher’s motivation for staying after school to plan instruction, meet with team members to problem-solve around student needs and dialogue with parents.
Springer School and Center considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.